Sunday, October 23, 2011

FALL ! ...sort of

I have news!  Everyone gather round:

Today...IT RAINED.  I'm not talking morning dew or a light passing sprinkle, I'm talking about an all-my-clean-dry-clothes-soaking-wet-outside-on-the-line kinda rain.  Now, I can't say I wasn't warned.  On Thursday (the last day of my working week) I was told on 3 separate occasions that it might rain this weekend.  You'd think the apocalypse was coming with all the hype (it was supposed to happen Friday, actually).  Well, lo and behold it did rain, for the first time in about 4 weeks I'd say.  Everyone at home in Ohio will hate me for this, but I was really excited to have a day that actually felt like FALL.  Send me pumpkin flavored things please?

We had a great day visiting some friends and eating authentic AMAZING homemade Spanish food.  Tortilla (of course) and something called porra which is sort of gazpacho-y but is made with bread? (not to be confused with a porro)  Me da igual, it tasted awesome.  Who am I anymore, enjoying foods with ham in them?  Spain is ruining me.

My school is planning some sort of Halloween celebration for next Monday, they keep asking me what games we play in the US...any ideas?  I'm pretty sure they won't like my suggestion of dressing up in costumes and drinking rum apple cider.  

Also I've recently learned that here, they like to dress scary for Halloween...what?!  No sexy nurses or Chippendale dancers?! I say good for you, Spain.  I'm thinking of going as the ghost of Franco...too soon?

No photos this time because, well, my camera is all the way in the other room.  Stay tuned...it might rain again tomorrow!  

Love to everyone reading this, hope you're having a wonderful weekend...and seriously, send me pumpkin things.

No comments:

Post a Comment